Burning Regulations & Fire Works

Before you burn, you will need to:

  1. Obtain a free annual burning permit.
    You can get a permit online or by calling 1-888-WIS-BURN (947-2876).
    You can also visit your local emergency fire warden (A&J Trading Post is in process of completing paperwork to have this designation) or DNR office to get a permit in-person.
  2. After 11 a.m. on the day you plan to burn, call 1-888-WIS-BURN (947-2876) or check online for the daily burning restrictions.
  3. Burn Barrel: Only dry, clean and untreated paper and wood products can be burned in a barrel.  It is illegal to burn asphalt, garbage, metal, petroleum products, plastics or treated wood.  These materials release toxic pollutants into the air and are recognized as a significant health risk and a public nuisance.   Read your burning permit and follow the instructions.

Read your permit and follow your daily burn restrictions.

You are required to obtain a Fireworks permit from the Town at least two weeks prior to any planned fireworks.  See the related documents below.